Monday morning we went to the Strasburg parade where we accumulated a new stash of candy, enjoyed the sound of brass bands, watched normal people skip down the road dressed as abnormally large animals, watched small-town equivalents of Miss America drive by perched on the back of ancient cars & ancient war-time veterans cruising along in dignified style.
Eve managed to grab some candy that we all got pelted with by overly enthusiastic juvenile parade participants.
Jeremy's little league team had a float in the parade so we all got to wave at our own personal celebrity.
Speaking of celebrities, after the parade we were off to see my new little nephew, Denzel Washington...opps! I mean Denzel Judah Miller. I guess I should have pulled out his pacifier so you all could see the rest of his face. Just trust me - he's cute!
In the afternoon we took some tubes & floated down the Conestoga River. It was a lovely day for a ride. Eve, however, hated her life jacket. I guess I can't blame her. I wouldn't really like having my chin pinched by styrofoam either. Here she is taking her first swimming lesson from her daddy in the muddy river minus the life jacket of course.
We headed back home again Monday evening in some mind-boggling good NYC holiday traffic. Nice. REALLY nice. So now the next month will be full of birthday parties, church baptisms, bridal showers, graduations, VBS meetings, & a wedding. A perfectly nice way to spend the month of June.
Cha cha 4 now!
3 comments:
HI Marilyn! Fun pictures....esp. like Eve and her sucker. Memorial Day was just another normal day in the (our) neighborhood....Royal had to work. And so did I..! But, methinks it is high time to go camping b-4 the weather is unbearable. Today is Babysitting Day at my house. All 5 munchkins, Adrian, Giles, Dexter, Preston and Mikayla are asleep for the moment. Yeah! G & A's romp in the sprinkler and kiddie pool outside pretty well tired them out. Okay, this is long - you take care! ~Jenn
The picture with Eve and the sucker is sooo cute and her chubby little cheeks!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Mom
Paddle, Eve, paddle! I hope she is young when she learns! That was one of my goals in life -- to make sure all the children could swim. Now I hope the grandchildren all learn early! Swim, Eve, swim! --Mother B.
Post a Comment